User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ventricosa cuttings beginning to root.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm... good points all. Errr... false alarm about the roots. It was a bit of sphagnum that stuck on to the bottom. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

If the part witht the growing point on it has produced a leaf and almost no roots, would it still be wise so sever it to limit transpiration? Or should i leave it on so i can put water in the pitcher so it can absorb it? I've heard both work.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did cuttings of my N. coccinea about 2 1/2 weeks ago and all of them have a new growth coming out of a node. It suprised me.
    It's like walking out a door and discovering it's a window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that's faaaaaaaaaast. I wish my vents were that fast.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had various experiences with cuttings....Even from the same plant. For example, I took about 5 cuttings from my gracilis a while back....one bit the dust, two took off in about 6 weeks, one took about 3 months, and the last one, while still alive, has been S L O W ever since....and that's about 9 months ago at least!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it varies not only from plant to plant, but from cutting to cutting as well. Interesting.

I took another ventricosa cutting from another plant (the one with 15 pitchers) and i decided to root it in pure water. I guess i'll see how it works.

I left the plant i took the cutting from in one piece this time (after taking the cutting) so i would be able to take more in the future. I would post a pic of the previous plant, but any other CP'er would punch me out. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12