What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi!
So, my housesitter did some damage to my plants this fall by underwatering. Slowly, things are returning to normal. While moving my plants into their new grow room today, I took some pics.

First up, N. maxima x albomarginata. I've seen this referred to as N. x "curtisii" and as N. maxima var "curtisii". I dunno, I got it as a cutting of N. maxima x albomarginata:
N_maxima_x_albomarginata_5.sized.jpg

Next up, this N. x Ile de France pitcher has a stunted lid from the damage this fall, but made a nice pitcher anyway. This is one of my favorites, as rattler mentioned in a recent thread. I love the nectar beads on this one:
N_x_Ile_de_France_emesis5.sized.jpg

Next, got this N. spectabilis a few months ago, and it seems happy. It's next to an N. ramispina of similar size:
N_spectabilis.sized.jpg

Next up, N. x Wrigleyana, a steady producer of nice pitchers:
N_x_wrigleyana4.sized.jpg

Next, here is N. ventricosa x aristolochioides, a really easy, fast-grower:
N_ventricosa_x_aristolochiodes9.sized.jpg

And finally, N. x Mastersiana, still a small plant, but making bigger pitchers rapidly:
N_x_mastersiana.sized.jpg

Capslock

Nice plants Capslock, and nice photography too. That Ile de France nectar is so cool.

liking the striped peri on the wrigleyana, thats really awesome.

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

I doubt your ramispina is a real one, though.
Looks pretty much like the ramispina x macfarlanei hybrid I´ve cultivated until recently...

Cheers,

Stefan

Very nice indeed. I like that nectar as well!

I wouldn't be so quick to call the N. ramispina a hybrid though. Can you take a picture from the front? Can you post a picture of yours Stefan? The hybrids usually have some speckles on the inside of the pitcher. Is that one from my place Max?

Tony

Hey Caps,

When my macfarlenei(?) opens up it's new pitcher, I'll snap shot...It looks a lot like your ramspina, though more maroon in color.

I really like the max/albo cross and the vent/aristo cross.  Those two rule!

Oh, in the background of the spec pic, is that truncata x ventricosa? (right hand side, pitcher is half cut off by the end of the picture)

GREAT PLANTS. I really want them all. Tell me when you start hacking away at them for getting too large.
smile.gif

Great photos. Well grown plants Capslock!

Love that N. x Mastersiana Max! Wonderful hybrid, I really need to get one for myself sometime!
smile.gif

Thanks everyone!

Here's another pic of the N. ramispina. Tony, no, this one wasn't from you. I'm wracking my brain trying to think of who sold it to me. I think it was Phil from BACPS. It was at a recent meeting, but for the life of me I can't remember who it was. The backlighting makes it seem more spotted inside the pitcher than it really is.

N_ramispina.sized.jpg

Schoaty, good eye. That is indeed truncata x ventrioca, this time it WAS from Tony, obviously.
smile_n_32.gif

And while I was out there, I took another pic. This is the first pitcher on my N. maxima x veitchii cutting! They look cool even when small!

N_maxima_x_veitchii.sized.jpg

Caplsock

Now if only my pitcher plants looked that good. You even got in a little advertisement for Tony in one photo.

Hmm yeah hard to say on that N. ramispina. Are there spots on the inside then? It shouldn't have any on the inside around the pitcher opening.

Tony

Tony, I think those spots are just the darker ones on the outside shining through due to the backlighting.

Oh Capslock, when will you ever seize to amaze us?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh Capslock, when will you ever seize to amaze us?

Caps, what are you doing seizing poor Andenes? Unhand him!
laugh.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Watch out for that truncxvent! I've had mine for almost a year...and it has really grown! At least 14 or 15" in diameter, with pitchers about a foot tall (maybe a bit more).

...was it something I said?... -_-'

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Feb. 17 2005,9:47)]The backlighting makes it seem more spotted inside the pitcher than it really is.
smile.gif

sieze = grab and constrain or held fast
cease = to stop

I had wondered about the spots because of what Capslock said. Sounds like there are some spots present inside the pitcher.

Tony

Back