What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. bicalcarata and friend

Hi Everyone,
Here is a photo of a bicalcarata and a Paphiopedilum orchid Frederich Mellin.  This was taken in our greenhouse earlier today.  No tricks-no photoshop.  Just a watchful eye for photo opportunities.  Michelle saw this today and ran for the digital camera.
N.%20bical%20with%20Frederich%20Mellin%202-23-05.JPG

Paph. Frederich Mellin is an old hybrid from the turn of the century (19th into 20th).  It is Paph. Alma Gavaert x fairreanum alba.  Hey Tony, should we move this post to the orchid forum?
smile_n_32.gif

LOL... since the nep/grilled cheese topic, I'm seeing faces everywhere. The orchids remind me of johnny bravo :p
at first I saw an evil monster being sent down to hell by two angels...
I think i'm going crazy
biggrin.gif

Thats marvelous Trent! Thank Michelle for me for taking notice of that! Very wonderful picture.

Guess we could just move it back and forth periodically lol.

Very nice photo ;>

BEHIND every good bical there is a strong Paph.
confused.gif

smile_m_32.gif

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Feb. 23 2005,8:02)]LOL... since the nep/grilled cheese topic, I'm seeing faces everywhere. The orchids remind me of johnny bravo :p
at first I saw an evil monster being sent down to hell by two angels...
I think i'm going crazy
biggrin.gif
Oh Lordy, it does look like Johnny Bravo. Thanks a lot AW, for pointing that out!

Sweet pic!
What would Johnny say?

"Oh MAMA!"

Wao Trent & Michelle, this is breathtaking. Amazing!

Thought you'd get a kick out of it. The commentary, as usual, was very entertaining. Thanks.:D

HOO-ah!! How big iz dat pitcher,Trent?

About 14 cm tall, including the lid, and about 12 cm across. I compare the size of a mature bicalcarata pitcher to being roughly equivalent to a grapefruit.

Back