Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Best light for n. ventricosa?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all:

I just...gulp...purchased my first Nepenthes, and since I wanted something relatively easy and compact to start off with, I went for a N. ventricosa. It is a tiny little cutting with a couple of even tinier pitchers, but it looks beautiful to me! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

My question is, where do you all think I should place this plant for optimum light? I can place it on an very lightly shaded eastern windowsill, an unobstructed western windowsill or an unobstructed southern windowsill. The plant will not be in a terrarium although I try to maintain the humidity at a fairly steady 50-60% in the winter (with the help of two humidifiers) and I do not air condition in the summer.

Thanks for you help,
    Corey

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grow all my neps as windowsill plants in a south window. One of them is a ventrata which is a cross of Nepenthes ventricosa x alata.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help, elgecko. I will try it on a southern window after it acclimates a bit more to my light levels.

Corey