What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ventricosa hardiness expertiment

I bought a junky N. ventricosa from Cosentinos a while ago. I decided i wanted to kill it slowly and horribly. Well, actually, i wanted to see jow how tolerant it was. I planted it in pure african violet mix (the heavily fertilized stuff), i neglected to water it for weeks at a time. I even chopped off the grow point. Well now, the old grow point is rooting, the main stem has 5 NEW PLANTS rising out of it. I hereby deem N. ventricosa indestructible.
smile_n_32.gif

Wow, awesome experiment. How was the humidity? You should see what happens when it gets really dry. Have a dehumidifier in the house?

oh, it was in my greenhouse, but that is another way i can try to kill it. Thanks!

wow i once lost one to root rot but thats kinda different. but thats amazing it survived the fertilizer. if you ask me i think it likes the fertilizer . well this species.

I whacked the top off of my N.ventricosa-pft clone and the top rooted and grew 2 extra shoots(I removed the larger of the extra shoots and gave it to my gardening neighbor) and the bottom now is a tangled mass of I`d say probably 20 2in. rosettes with a profusion of 1\2 in. pitchers Lol. Can`t go wrong with N.ventricosa(Though I still like fusca sarawak the best and I like it more every day-this species seems to like getting a little bit dry before watering,and I have it growing so its TOUCHING the flourescent lights N.ventricosa will burn with this treatment! But it only makes fusca get bigger with hairy pitchers and thick,thick waxed over leaves!)

Back