What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. talangensis

Hi,

my three year old N. talangensis finally produced is first small mature pitcher i thought I could share:

N_talangensis_310305.jpg

Cheers Joachim

I thought Joachim said three years...or were you asking for something more specific?
Very nice, Joachim, BTW.

Cheers,

Joe

oh I meant how long did it tae to produce that really nice pitcher.

Fantastic Joachim! Both the pitcher and photograph.

Only last week I got my first N. talangensis, so now you’ve got me much more excited about the future prospects.

Is that one of the BE clones?

Can you share your growing conditions for it?

Thanks.

Aaron.

Hi Joachim
great photo,fantastic colours.
Bye for now julian

Hi,

I didn't measure the time to produce this pitcher, but I think it is just normal like most other highland Nepenthes. The colours match the colour of the plant on my Monitor, but i had to reduce the blue colour a little bit (picture was taken with fklash).

It is definitely not a clone from Rob, but I can't tell exactly where it originates from. It got it second hand as small seedling about three years ago. It might be a clone from Andreas or Joachim Nerz or it might even been seed grown.

Joachim

I just received this plant. Its a tiny little thing but it does have 3 pitchers on it. I guess I have a long wait for mature pitchers. Your plant and photo are beautiful.

Although I am doing research myself, any growing tips would be greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing that, Joachim. Very timely for me.

Hi PlantAKiss,

N. talangensis is picky about night temperatures and maybe even day temperatures. It grows best for me in winter when ut gets colder temperatures. I believe humidity is also an issue, high levels are needed by this plant.

Good luck with your new plant!

Joachim

Gorgeous plant! Congrats on the new pitcher.

-jc

Another stunning Nep Joachim
smile.gif
They certainly grow well in your hands.

cheers

bill

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fly-catchers @ April 08 2005,5:54)]Another stunning Nep Joachim
smile.gif

cheers

bill
Cripes, no wonder I have so much trouble. I use pots....

smile_n_32.gif

Could you share what your potting media is? I haven't taken my plant out of its original pot yet but I need to. I really have found very little on the internet about talangensis.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ April 08 2005,12:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fly-catchers @ April 08 2005,5:54)]Another stunning Nep Joachim
smile.gif

cheers

bill
Cripes, no wonder I have so much trouble. I use pots....

smile_n_32.gif
You don't have green fingers them?
smile_m_32.gif

cheers

bill

Back