User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: N. rafflesiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, i just thought you'd all like to know what has happened to my poor N. rafflesiana that is currently in rehab. It is getting better, and i expect it to pitcher by the end of the month.

I now know that N. rafflesiana does NOT LIKE FULL SUN under any circumstances.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TunaSurprise @ April 05 2005,10:39)]Hi all, i just thought you'd all like to know what has happened to my poor N. rafflesiana that is currently in rehab. It is getting better, and i expect it to pitcher by the end of the month.

I now know that N. rafflesiana does NOT LIKE FULL SUN under any circumstances.
    My understanding is that no Nepenthes like full sun.

Are there some species tolerant to it?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every Nep i have is growing in full sun, except for raff, and they are all doing great.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what form of raff was it?
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of ours in Miami grows N. khasiana and two different clones of N. alata in full sun. He grows them on a bench with Sarracenia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ April 06 2005,12:36)]what form of raff was it?
    Giant [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]