What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huthis one is gonna require some creative thinking

• Thread starter Kate
  • Start date
  • Tags
    free

Kate

Far too old to grow up now.
Never mind... problem sloved almost as soon as I posted this! Feel free to delete this thread!
smile_n_32.gif
lol

*edit: and I have no idea where the "hu" came from at the begining of the thread title! lol

But watch this turn into a 4 page thread!  
smile_m_32.gif
It'll be like Seinfeld - a topic about nothing.

how could you have a topic about nothing?

Well, like we have going here, of course. This is the fourth post about nothing!
We really need three sub-plots to be a good Seinfeld, though.

Yada yada yada,

Joe

I will make it a 5th post about nothing then but as for a sub plot,as she crossed the road,the noise made her turn, to her horror it was ................
Bye for now julian

Actually, I was fifth as somebody snuck in the "beets" comment, lol. How long before a mod notices this and moves it to the "General" forum?

Cheers,

Joe

LOL! Wait'll Kate returns to this topic! Now how can we integrate goofy characters like George, Elaine, Kramer, and Newman? Let's get creative!
smile_n_32.gif

"The beet is the most intense of vegetables. The radish, admittedly, is more feverish, but the fire of the radish is a cold fire, the fire of discontent and not of passion. Tomatoes are lusty enough, yet there runs through tomatoes an undercurrent of frivolity. Beets are deadly serious." Tom Robbins

nothing huh?

Let me think about it.
Will beets shrink? Tomatoes will, radish...I'm not sure.

Joe

Beets do shrink...

OMG!!

So here I go and make a post originally asking for humidity solutions for under $10.. then in a stroke of absolute genius (yes... that is sacrasim....) I remember that the humidity dropped around the same time I moved the plant..... and upon further investigation realized I didn't put the water tray back under it.... *whistles innocently* (Yes, that would explain why the poor sad little nep was actually looking sadder instead of happier! *eyeroll*)... So having realized that I have just asked a question resulting from no small amount of flakishness on my part.. I edit it cause I can't delete it myself and head to bed fully expecting that by morning the thread will be gone and what do I find instead?
confused.gif

PAGE 2!

The questions raised by this phenomenon will most likely keep me awake at night for  many years to come.. however, don't let me derail the conversation regarding nothing in particular with a little beet shrinkage thrown in for good measure.  
smile_n_32.gif

Okay, veggies are one sub-plot....good, good...
We need one or two more now.

Hold on... I can contribute one more anecdote about beets. If anyone is old enough to have at least watched reruns of Gilligans Island, there was one episode where Gilligan finds a crate of experimental, radioactive seeds. Nobody noticed the sign. They planted the seeds and when ate their crop in due season, they had exaggerated effects. Ginger ate carrots and could see for miles and Mrs. Howell ate the beets. She had all kinds of energy.

Kate... gotta have some fun!
laugh.gif

I am not real sure about beets but I do know you can't get blood out of a turnip, which makes sense cause beets are closer to the color of blood. So does that mean that you CAN get blood out of a beet and just not turnips and where does that leave the tomatoes?

Joe

hmmmmm... no blood in turnips..... vampire bunnies everywhere are sobbing over this I am sure.

But of course
smile_n_32.gif

OMG! now you guys have me doing it too!!! Ack!

Nateurellement! But can you get blood out of a radish?

Back