User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nepenthes pots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what veteran Nepenthes growers think about drilling holes in plastic pots in an effort to increase air circulation. Recently Iíve been drilling half-inch diameter holes Ė about 30 of them Ė in gallon-sized plastic pots. I then used the pots to transplant Nepenthes in long fibered sphagnum moss. It takes about 5 minutes to make the holes for one pot. The pot ends up looking like itís been blasted with a shotgun (which would be faster, but I donít have a shotgun). Will the holes help? Or am I just wasting my time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of people use aquatic plant baskets as pots... those are basically made of plastic mesh... tons of holes.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use 14" hanging baskets with coconut liners.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would highly recommend buying some with holes already in them. Maybe at your local hydroponics store. They have made a huuge difference in the health of my plants. I would also recommend coconut chips, or something similar to open up your LFS, and prevent root rot.

Hope that helps,
    Robin [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]