What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. rajah new photo

Hello,

Here is a photo of my all time favorite CP N. rajah.

Let me know what you think.

2005-2-20-Nepenthes_in_upper_GH_Ceph%20003%20700.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

That is awesome! Cool colour! Have any idea one the size? It looks quite big.

Hay, Hellz here,
WOOT!!! thats an awsome pitcher!!!
i like the way its peristome has a metallic look to it ^^
Hellz

Hello

Thanks a bunch. It is in a 16" pot and its newest leaf is 14 1/2 inches and the pitcher is a good 6".

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Gotta luv it. Can't wait til mine gets that big. Thanks a ton!

very nice rajah you have there. its like the HL rival to N. merriliana
smile_m_32.gif

lol na there really is no rival to N. rajah, N. rajah is in a whole other league
smile_n_32.gif

-Jeremiah-

Very nice Sir! That thing is getting huuuuge! ;) Do you have a pic of the whole plant?
Thanks,
Robin

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jeremiah Harris @ April 13 2005,11:35)]lol na there really is no rival to N. rajah, N. rajah is in a whole other league
smile_n_32.gif

-Jeremiah-
Lets have a grow off then...
lol

nah just messing. I mean rival as in they are said to be the largest in the genus....

smile_o_32.gif

I'm rooting for macrophylla and truncata!

Breathtaking plant Jeremiah! How lond did it take to get that large? I'm very envious!

Brilliant plant & pitcher Jeremiah
smile.gif

How old is the plant? Are all the pitchers supported? And does the plant produce basal growth?
My largest rajah is still producing small pitchers in comparision to yours. But has tended to produce loads of basal growth which I am gradually removing and potting up.
Do you repot your plant or has it been in that container some time?

Loads of questions
smile_m_32.gif

cheers

bill

That sure is a beauty, Jeremiah! Very nice indeed.

Great growing!

That is a monster
smile_k_ani_32.gif
,colours are amazing.
bye for now julian

Beautiful Jeremiah! Tell me...do you have a greenhouse or what system do you use to keep it cooled to the right temps?

Hello

Yeah it may not be the biggest but how can you beat it for shear color and size.

Don't N. macrophylla have pitchers that stay at about 28cm, the really big one is N. edwardsiana that will get over 50cm.

fly-catchers
"How old is the plant?"
I got the plant from the CP Jungle on 9-19-2002 and it was 3 7/8 inches across with 7/8 inch pitchers. So it has really been a fast growing plant.

" Are all the pitchers supported?"
Yes all the pitchers I have ever had with this plant have been supported with the moss and soil. Its newest leaf will have a pitcher hanging over that edge of the pot so it will be interesting to see if it looks different.

I do have another N. rajah that is not quiet as big, it is in a gallon pot that has pitchers that hang over and they look very different than the ones that are supported by the pot.

" And does the plant produce basal growth?"
Yeah it does it has one that is about 5 to 7 inches across right now. I had been cutting them off and trading them.

" Do you repot your plant or has it been in that container some time?"
It has been in the 16" pot for about a year now, when I first go it I put it in a 5" pot and just gradually moved it into a lager pot I don't know what I'm going to do now that is has about out grown this pot as well.

PlantAKiss
" Tell me...do you have a greenhouse or what system do you use to keep it cooled to the right temps?"

I had been growing it in a freezer that I set up to cool it to about 40 F every nigh but it out grew it and I finished a highland greenhouse last September. During the winter it is not a problem cooling it at night and ever on the hottest days here it will still get to 60F at night so I don't think that will be a problem. I also built a indo lowland grow chamber that I move all me lowland Nepenthes into during the winter, I just moved them back into the lowland greenhouse yesterday.

Thanks for all the nice comments and let me know if you have any more questions.

I will try to get a photo of the whole plant and maybe some of my other N. rajah tomorrow.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Here is a photo of the whole plant, I know you can see the pitchers but it is still pretty neat. See the leaf that looks damaged, even though N. rajah likes it cool at night they don't like to freeze lol. But it looks like it is recovering nicely.

2005-4-15_N_rajah_N_jac%20007%20700.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Beautiful plant, Jeremiah. I was wondering how you know when it outgrows its pot, as you mentioned above. Mine is getting huge (you know, about 3"
smile_n_32.gif
) and i'm wondering how i'll know when it is time to repot.

Holy SHRIMP! That is the best pitcher I have ever laid eyes on! Rajah definetly is the best nepenthes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jeremiah Harris @ April 13 2005,11:35)]lol na there really is no rival to N. rajah, N. rajah is in a whole other league
smile_n_32.gif

-Jeremiah-
*cough*leucohurricanecreekcough*
smile_n_32.gif

seriously though, extremely nice plant youre rajah is uncomparable to any other except in the wild!

Back