What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some random photos

Hi, just thought I'd snap some pics while I was photographing my U. longifolia. Here's my latest N. maxima var superba:
N_maxima_var_superba_4.sized.jpg

Here's my N. aristolochioides, which doesn't grow fast at all, and isn't really getting bigger, but pitchers every leaf, and they last a good while:
N_aristolochioides_6.sized.jpg

Here's my little N. petiolata, which never slowed down after Tony sent it out. It just grows like crazy:
N_petiolata_1.sized.jpg

And finally, the latest pitcher on my N. x mastersiana, which is starting to look great. The latest leaf is a monster!
N_x_mastersiana_2.sized.jpg

Capslock

N. x mastersiana? Have you been holding out on us?
Sweet!

Joe

you should post random photos more often. Those are fantastic....

Very nice! I especially like that N.petiolata!

Lovely photos,Mastersiana ,where did you get that little gem??
bye for now julian

Dude! I love your N. aristolochioides. I never knew that the plant was that small. It looks Perfect!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

How big is that first pitcher? Looks quite big.

I really like the mastersiana, where did you get it ? what are its parentage?

N. x Mastersiana is N. khasiana x N. sanguinea I believe.

Also, wonderful plants Max! I love the N. maxima!!

Hehe the aristolochiodies looks like its trying to hold up its pitchers to prevent them from touching the sphagnum and getting wet - so cute!
biggrin.gif

Wow, Caps, that aristo looks great! So many pitchers. Do you feed it? I have a feeling I prematurely kill off some of the pitchers by feeding them stuff that's really a hair too big. On the flip side, it does improve the growth speed of the plant. I guess the trick would be to feed it small stuff, so you don't kill the pitcher, but still give the plant a boost.

Your N. aristo. is magnifique!

Wow! I really like the way that N. aristolochioides looks! Nice and petite but with its fair share of pitchers. Very nice pictures, the whole lot, thanks for sharing.

--Jonathan

I like the maxima!!! Yep, N. mastersiana is N. khasiana x sanguinea. It's one of our favorites, and grows both highland and lowland.

Thanks everyone!

Schloaty, generally I don't feed my neps at all. Most of the pitchers have nothing in them but a few gnats or ants. Once in a while, I drop a koi pellet into the larger pitchers, but I don't think I've ever fed the aristo.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ April 19 2005,12:51)]but I don't think I've ever fed the aristo.

Capslock
Think if you did feed it.
smile_m_32.gif

Back