What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you do?

I have a mutant gubler that is growing rather large and I don't really like it. It makes ugly lidless peristomeless pitchers that don't function and just die. I want to get rid of it because its taking up valuble space in my grow chamber.

So what would you do?

You sure it's not getting too much sun or not enough humidity? I get pitchers like that sometimes when I have hostile conditions.

You can always put up the plant for trade or SASE as long as the person understands what they're getting...:;):

One simple word, if you want to get rid of it, since it is a mutant. Compost. Its heartwrenching to do to ANY Nepenthes, but you don't like it, and its messed up, toss it...or just grow it as a houseplant maybe.

Give it to a newbie for cost of shipping? Otherwise, trash it, I'm afraid.

no conditions are perfect, all my plants are in excellent shape as far as them pitchering and growing, some even flowering.

So Yea maybe I can torch it with a flame thrower. I wouldn't want anewbie to get it. This plant is a horrible grower...

Ooooh! I have an idea! Do experiments with it! See how much fertilizer it takes to cause mass toxicity....or fill the pitchers with milk....see if a piece of plastic will dissolve in the juice...lots of possibilities.

thats the thing I don't think its pitchers can even fuction normally. the opening is so small and deformed I can't fit much into it even though the pitcher itself is about 3.5"

I think I could try growing it as a house plant but it can barely pitcher in perfect conditions. I doubt it will do good in a sill situation. I'll see maybe I'll torch it tomorrow....

Or you look at it this way...Ooohh, COOL, a mutant!?! Instead of saying oh ^%#%$, WHY did god give me this mutant...

I say do something useful with it (NOT compost) even if you do not like it. How would you like to be thrown in a ditch just becuz you couldn't do anything useful?

i'd give it to someone who wants it.

i wouldn't kill it if i were you. they are neat i think

Keep it or give it away. I think it's awesome

I`d either over-fertilize it,give it pain killers,or give it to me "wink wink"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ April 17 2005,11:23)]I`d either over-fertilize it,give it pain killers,or give it to me "wink wink"
hey you can have it!!!!!

pm me shippng details... and its yours...

Back