What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ovata

I took a pic of my newly opened N. ovata pitcher. I love the colors when they just open. As they age, they turn dark purple like the one in back.

N_ovata_4.sized.jpg

Capslock

Those are some amazing colors. Thanks for posting!

Corey

It's a lovely species, I just wish it weren't such a slow grower ... It could learn some lessons from its cousin, bongso.

Gorgeous! That is an awesome peristome!

--Jonathan

Hi Capslock,

very nice pitcher from a plant rarely seen in cultivation. It is still one of the more difficult species from my experience. Which clone do you grow?

Joachim

Hi Capslock
That is lovely.a snap of the whole plant would be great please.
As Joachim asked is it a particular clone??didnt know it was a slow grower.
Bye for now julian

Very nice plant Capslock
smile.gif

My clone from MT is still very small and has yet to pitcher after 12 months of growing it. Its current pitchers tips are still developing shrunken lids and are tiny. But still an improvement on no pitchers at all from last year. Currently it seems to have gone in sleep mode with the growing tip not shifting for months now
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Oh well at least I can look at your photo in the mean time..
smile_m_32.gif

cheers

bill

Wow-wie!
So THAT's what I have to look forward to.
I got a very nice & healthy little one from Jeremiah, about 2.5" diamter or so, and it has developed one pitcher with another on the way. The pitchers are jeuvies, but even as a jeuvenile, the one that's been open for a while is a nice, deep red.

Mine is also the MT clone. I'm glad you mentioned it's slow, SidneyNeps, because I wasn't sure if it was just mine. Every leaf pitchers, and is bigger than the last one, but it just moves at a snail's pace. A couple months per leaf/pitcher minimum. I have it in pretty classic highland conditions; about 75-80 during the day, and 50-60 overnight, with 50-90% humidity, and it's in good strong artificial light (t5 fluorescents).

I'll get a whole-plant picture tonight.

*starts drooling and creates puddle on floor*

That is one amazing plant! My N. bongso does the same thing, it turns black when pitchers age.

Back