What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your hairiest nep?

The N. Khasiana, it might not have much hair...but its something ^_^

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]N. stenophylla

I hadn't noticed this until i read this, and checked out my plant.  Sure enough, the leaves have medium-fine hairs.

The Hose Mtn veitchii was more bristly than hairy, but i would have to agree that the purple/black (they are the same?) form of albomarginata is the hairiest- or fuzziest, anyway.  It's very fine fuzz.

The interesting thing is, most of these plants people have listed are all together on the windowsill because they seem to tolerate low humidity well. Particularly the albomarginata. Probably not a coincidence.

Although... ampullaria has a pretty fuzzy leaves, too.  At least the one growing on my windowsill.  Hmm.

My hairiest plant has gotta be a N. glandulifera. Besides looking like a green tarantula, its sprinkled with black peppercorns or poppy seed everywhere!

N. pilosa x vietchii, by far - although I don't really have any other hairy Neps. The hairs are 5+ mm long on the underside of the leaf. When I drop ants in the terrarium, they usually end up climbing the newest tendril of this plant and getting stuck at the end where they can't turn back for all the hairs.
~Joe

my N. hamat is, although that doesn't say much since I only own three neps! (hamata, inermis, miranda)

N. primate
smile_m_32.gif

It's this new species from Madigascar. looks a lot like a lemur
smile_n_32.gif

Back