Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: N. x briggsiana var. 'peter d'amato

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even tho some may find -200$ for a hybird nepenthes unreal or ridiculous, But its the simply fact i've wanted this plant for many years and since i first saw this plant in Peter's book i had to have it. I dont think money came to mine when i had the change to obtain this hybird. But like i already said yes i do think 200$ is unreal but i think in the end it will be worth the coast to me that is.

-Drew
    http://www.geocities.com/southerntropicals

As the sun shine's through the clouds above the table top mountains,nothing more can be seen then a beautiful landscape of glowing Heliamphora's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. x briggsiana var. 'peter d'amato' is mentioned in the SG, a very short description, but it's mention, it's on page 275 and here's the quote:

" One variety, named N.x 'Peter D'amato' by Bill Baumgartl, has smaller pitchers solidly blood red.

Edit: Is it 'peter d'amato' or 'Peter D'amato'?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Drew Mcclain @ April 21 2005,8:14)]Even tho some may find -200$ for a hybird nepenthes unreal or ridiculous, But its the simply fact i've wanted this plant for many years and since i first saw this plant in Peter's book i had to have it. I dont think money came to mine when i had the change to obtain this hybird. But like i already said yes i do think 200$ is unreal but i think in the end it will be worth the coast to me that is.

-Drew
    Drew,
    I don't think you need to defend yourself. It is an excellent plant and hopefully you will be able tp propagate it down the road.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not at all. I dont think i'm trying to defend myself, I've just been told by many other growers that this plant was a wast of money so i think i'm just saying how i feel about it and that i wanted to grow it for such a long time and that i'm just really happy to have it now. =)
    http://www.geocities.com/southerntropicals

As the sun shine's through the clouds above the table top mountains,nothing more can be seen then a beautiful landscape of glowing Heliamphora's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

Wow that is just a breath taking plant. I really don't think people in the CP world don't know what and expensive plant is. I know people in that are into orchids that will shell out $150 to $200 and don't even think it is expensive until it hits about $1000. That being said any nice large Nepenthes (other then the mass produced hybrids) will fetch close to $100 on ebay.

Yon have to consider you self lucky to have such a rare beautiful plant.

thanks
    -Jeremiah-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all:

The mix lowii X ventricosa is spectacular just as is the mix lowii X truncata. Sometimes these hybrids are rarer than the species themselves, but much easier to grow. Thus, it's ludicrous to say that it's a waste of money.
    A waste of money would be to spend 10 dollars on a ventricosa to see it die a couple of months later.

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drew,

Before you bought this plant, did you ask around for it? When you told Don Elkins (my best friend by the way) that you bought that plant he called me right away. The reason he called me was because he knew that I had several 12" rooted cuttings of that plant available for 1/4 of the price you paid and he felt terrible that you paid so much for it.

Before you start shelling out large sums of money for plants you really want so badly...ask some of your friends that aren't members of the forums. They can find things for you that will probably never be offered for sale, or at best can save you a few hundred dollars. It's a funny thing about this clone. I had them listed on my website for months and nobody was interested in them. I sold out everything else I had except the 'Peter D'Amato' plants and another Briggsiana clone called "Atlatna Giant"...so I gave them away for free. It pays off in the long run to do a little homework first by starting with your other 'non-forum' friends.

Have fun growing your plant. It will get large very fast and will produce lots of basal growths. The upper pitchers have a wide flaring, round shark tooth peristome nearly 4 inches across. They're very cool.

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

I wouldn't buy a plant that's over $60!!!...-_-
    I mean its a plant! It'll die sooner or later, it just stands there growing and growing and growing and then splat!, it dies.
    I don't see the point of buying a plant worth $200...O_o'

What if something wrong goes with it? You would loose alot of money...specially if you were smart enough to buy again and run the big risk of loosing it again...I dunno...
    Mom says: "Its stupid to collect plants that all look alike! Get a new hobie!"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast