Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: N. x briggsiana var. 'peter d'amato

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why do ppl drop $500+ on a pure bred dog when a mutt would generally make a much better pet and have less vet bills? cause they want to. my personal cap on plants is about $80ish; snakes $250ish(i saw a pair of a new morph of retics on kingsnake that were for sale for $75,000 yesterday). if some one wants to pay $200 for a plant why not? there are quite a few orchids out there that make the most expensive nep look like pocket change.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ April 22 2005,2:55)]why do ppl drop $500+ on a pure bred dog when a mutt would generally make a much better pet and have less vet bills? cause they want to. my personal cap on plants is about $80ish; snakes $250ish(i saw a pair of a new morph of retics on kingsnake that were for sale for $75,000 yesterday). if some one wants to pay $200 for a plant why not? there are quite a few orchids out there that make the most expensive nep look like pocket change.
    Well-spoken, though mutts are starting to cost $$(though not the $500 some pure-breds do). I have seen Labradoodles becoming popular and fetching(pun) a $100-$150 price in our local paper.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me too, saw some beautiful husky/lab mixs. almost picked one up till i saw the $200 price tag. granted most mutts arent running anywhere near this
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother has two French Bulldogs at about $1200 apiece! Personally, I have two ex-racing Greyhounds, which they basically give away (highly recommended pets!)

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ April 22 2005,3:51)]My brother has two French Bulldogs at about $1200 apiece! Personally, I have two ex-racing Greyhounds, which they basically give away (highly recommended pets!)

Capslock
    I have trouble trying to imagine a bulldog with a French accent.......

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hellooooooooo Drew! How ya doing?

I think its a spectacular plant, and if it brings you a lot of joy and peace, its worth every dime you spent.

Thanks for showing it off...its just lovely. Good growing!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drew. That's a good one! I have paid a lot more for a lot less.

I have been eyeing this plant for years now, but it was a bit pricey for me. Which leads me to ask Phil about his response....

"The reason he called me was because he knew that I had several 12" rooted cuttings of that plant available for 1/4 of the price. It's a funny thing about this clone. I had them listed on my website for months and nobody was interested in them."

Whats the name of your website Phil?? I would love to check it out.

Thanks,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

...why did I even bother?...I forgot you guys are obsessed with these new-kinds ^_^
    Mom says: "Its stupid to collect plants that all look alike! Get a new hobie!"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast