What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep pics

Hey all,
Its been a while so I have decided to post some pics of my plants.

129-2947_IMG.JPG

N. Veitchii "Hose Mtn"

129-2956_IMG.JPG

N. Truncata (8 inches tall)

Hi eplants02
yes very nice,is the Veitchii (hose mtn) an easy grower as i dont grow any form of veitchii
confused.gif

bye for now julian

Hi I think both the plants are very beautiful. just some questions, Are you growing the truncata in highland conditions? because I'm quite sure Veitchi is a highlander...but the truncata I bought from Malesiana Tropical was labelled as a lowlander, and the pic shown there was nearly similar to yours, so is it a highlander or lowlander???
confused.gif

there are highland and lowland forms of Veitchii----wn.

I've been wanting a veitchii for a while. I really gotta get off my rear and buy one.
confused.gif

Thanks all for the generous comments.

i_am_wn,
Even though my Truncata is a lowland, I grow it as a highland Nepenthes (and seems to be happy with it).

N. Veitchii "Hose Mtn" is a highland Nepenthes.

N. truncata like Eric stated, can take basically any temperature, from scorching hot to chilling cold, it weathers the storm. Only difference between N. truncata HL and the LL form is coloration and size.

so if I bought an N. truncata highland and put it in my scortching greenhouse (which it is) would it survive?

According to Da Man (aka Rob Cantley), highland truncata will survive but not do much at all in a lowland greenhouse. Conversely, my lowland truncata copes with a Sydney winter in an unheated greenhouse, but the growth is glacial and the pitchers reduce greatly in size. Highland truncata seems to cope well with hot days and moderately warm nights OK, and grows the fastest of the two varieties IMO.

Kirk, if you READ once in a while, you would know I was talking about the lowland form of N. truncata able to withstand a variety of conditions.

Back