Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My mom is an idiot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have time to water the plants yesterday, and i asked my mom to do it. She said she would, and now, i have most likely lost three plants: N. bicalcarata, ampullaria, and madagascariensis. She PROMISED she would water them, and she didn't. Is there any chance i can salvage these? N. bical still has a green grow point, but amp has no green to be seen, and madagascariensis has just a little bit.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking that your mom not watering your plants IS NOT the reason they're fairing poorly as of late. My plants can take a few days of the "dry" (its not dry but you know what I'm saying) I think the cause is probly from the stress of the green house failing. Thne perhaps the watering compounded this. Water them and make sure the evironmental parameters are as consistant as you can get them. IME its teh consistancy that is key.
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i recently took my amp and bicalx amp out of there nice fairly controled tank and placed them on shelves alongside my Drosera. they havent skipped a beat. one day of not watering shouldnt hurt an amp in the slightest speaking from experiance.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm no expert,but I doubt that one day of not watering would do that to them. *Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I serriously doubt one day would also unless they dried out all the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, i just talked to my mom about it, and she said that she watered them the day of the disaster (friday) once they were all back inside. I now believe that it was the disaster itself that caused this, and that this is a delayed reaction (like FSTP said). What puzzles me is that no other plants seem to be stressing out.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my experience bical and amp. are sensitive to temp/light/humidity changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a sort of related subject, You can save dehydrated plants by submerging them underwater. If you can't, just spray them and water them.
    Plants wilt because they have low turgor pressure (not enough water in their cells). Sometimes watering isn't enough because there are already pockets of air in their... xylem? or phloem? well... their "veins". By soaking them you're making them re-absorb water into their cells (osmosis)
    lol... that pretty much seems like common sense to me (and I'm betting you all probably knew this already) but my mom used to see a wilted plant and thought it was dead, so she threw it away. She gives up way too easily.
    and HOLY COW she didn't know the leaves were the ones that photosynthesized... if anybody asks, I don't know her :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast