What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ventracosa varities

besides N. ventracosa 'red' which must be the most popular N. ventracosa what other varities are there?
I know of black peristome (I lost on ebay). But what else. Any pictures?

In addition to the two varieties you mentioned, I grow an all green form, a giant variety, and a red peristome variety. There are others I've heard of, but never seen. There are also a number of plants distinguished by location.

Oz

Hi Brian
Ive never seen anything like that before that pure white pitcher is amazing.Wonder if its a clone or just a one off?
It could be called n x Albinoio.
Bye for now julian

Wow that white one is amazing. Now if only we could get someone who can read Japanese to translate for us maybe we could find out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ May 23 2005,9:33)]Wow that white one is amazing. Now if only we could get someone who can read Japanese to translate for us maybe we could find out.
It's Chinese. The guy who grows it has an Internet shop here in Taiwan.

According to the text, he acquired the plant "in spring", it didn't pitcher at all for months, and then all of a sudden - "very unusual for a highland Nepenthes" - it started pitchering like crazy in July, despite temperatures hitting the forties (Celsius) for days on end.

Most of the text is a flowery (no pun intended) description of the plant, but the last paragraph gives some more hard data:

"This is an extremely hardy plant. Despite being exposed to up to 40 degrees Celsius under direct sun, it just won't stop pitchering. This plant came from Japan. (I'm) not sure if its peculiarities and toughness are the result of (horticultural) plant selection, or if the plant has been altered in some way."

HTH a bit.

OOPs sorry about that. Chinese. Hmm thats interesting.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ May 23 2005,11:33)]OOPs sorry about that. Chinese.
"Same-same, but different", as they say in Thailand
smile.gif

Back