User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A question, n ventrata

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello nepers, I gotta question
    This is the common N ventrata

The new shoots have been producing beautiful slender lower pitchers but once it shoots up and the leave size increases, all it produces are vines.

What's preventing it from making upper pitchers?

I figure out that the cpnditions are alright because the plant is able to produce nice lower pitchers

I read that sometimes neps stop producing pitchers beacuse of season. May this be the case? Also, once a shoot continues producing vines leaf after leaf, is there any chance that it'll produce pitchers?

Thankz
    Thanks!
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes when Neps start to vine they stop producing pitchers for a while, otherwise the weight of the pitchers might stop the vine being able to climb. Once the plant has managed to loop a few tendrils around a support it should start again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think leaf growth is also just faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ventrata grew a bunch of new leaves during the winter that had only tendrils on them. As soon as it started warming up, all those tendrils started producing pitchers. All the new pitchers are uppers, and they're bigger than the old lower pitchers. I have about 4 or 5 basal shoots and they're all producing pitchers also. I lost count of all the new pitchers on this plant.
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think ill increase the light and put extra supportfor the plant, does that sound good?
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My N. x ventrata wasn't producing pitchers; but I recently increased the light and now it is. So it sounds like you have a good plan, from my experience. Just make sure you have enough humidity, since this is also an important factor.

-Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if the vine is not producing pitchers presumably because of the possible weight-would you(and if so how) would you go about staking it?
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have a single bamboo stake in mine. the tendrils usually wrap around that although they sometimes wrap around nearby leaves. I'm gonna have to get a longer stake soon.
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast