What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. tenuis

Hello

I just wondered if there is anyone out there currently cultivating N. tenuis?

Have you noticed any tricks for growing this plant?

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Jeremiah,

N. tenuis grows well as intermediate plant and isn't difficult. I had my plant growing in pure LFS which my plant didn't like. The roots were too wet and didn't develop well and it stopped pitchering. I now have repotted it into my standard mix and it seems to be growing much better.

Matthias has a massive plant being 80 cm in height which he showed in the German CP-Forum:

Neptenuis1.jpg

Neptenuis.jpg

(pictures by Matthias Teichert http://karnivoren.info.ms/)

Joachim

Hi Joachim
What an amazing looking nep and an intermediate aswell.What is your "standard mix " consist of?
Bye for now julian

I'm growing my N. tenuis in nearly 100% peat and it is growing great. Isn't difficult at all and grows very fast, producing pitchers on every leaf!

Federico

thanks for your help.

and one other quick question, does anyone still have those photos of N. tenuis that Andreas Wistuba posted here?

thanks again
-Jeremiah-

Wow, what a cool plant. I hope that more become available, Wistuba is the only one selling them and he is sold out, and they are expensive!!! I hope they get cheaper

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chesara @ May 24 2005,5:25)]What is your "standard mix " consist of?
Hi Julian,

What I typical use is a mix of equal parts:

- Quartz sand (the more coarse one)
- shreded kork pieces (~2-4mm)
- Lecaton 3mm (burned clay pellets) - about two parts
- peat (depending on the rest I may use two parts peat)

when available also:

- chopped living long fibred sphagnum
- lava rock for some species when available
- charcoal for garden purpose (~2-4mm)
- loam

I do not use vermiculite or perlite for my nepenthes.

Joachim

Hi Joachim
I use LFS for all except a few which i use oak leaf mould and spagnum peat. Ive thought about using those clay pellets before do you find that they help with drainage?
Bye for now julian

Back