What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member and pictures

Hello,

I'm a new member from Paris, i'm 32 years old and l'm growing carnivorous plants since 17 years.
Actually, i'have only nepenthes and this since 3 years now.
I love very much this genus and especially the Lowlands form which are easier to grow than the Highlands unfortunately ( Quite hard to cultivate but very nice too !)
I'm a member too at the french carnivorous plant forum:
(forumcarnivores)
I'm very glad to find a new forum with such interesting topics
So here it is some pictures from my private collection, a nepenthes which i lke so much, Nepenthes Ampullaria ( 'Static Lib', Tricolor, and Red form )
I'm delight to be among you.

See you !

smilie4.gif

Nice pictures and welcome to the forums! And no, I will not speak French. As someone pointed out, my French is nutricious! (or at least tres mauvais)

I checked out the forum and I recognize 8 names, all from CPUK and many from here. Half are from Italy.

Hello Kinabalu!

I'm a big fan of ampullaria, too. I have a nice red form and a couple other forms. Hope to get my hands on a tricolor someday, and really like the photos of yours.

Welcome to the terrafora!

Very nice ampullaria. I hope to get my hands on a large-er plant one day (one that is not 3-4 inches because it did not grow so well, not it is free to flurish at I think in CO, but I'm can't remmeber).

Yes your amps are very nice.it just doesnt grow for me in my intermediate set up must try to give it more heat
smile_l_32.gif

Bye for now Julian

Hello,

Thanks for your kind regards about those Ampullarias.

About this nepenthes, i've seen on a japan website a form very rare called Ampullaria " Red Moon".
I asked about this form in every Nepenthes Nurseries, even in Japan, but nobody knows this strange form apparently.

The soil could have a result about the colors on the pitchers ?

Thanks
smilie4.gif

Ne probleme!
smile.gif

Thanks, i've know this site, and this is from this page that i saw from the Hyogo Flower Center the Ampullaria Red Moon.
So very nice plant, incredible colours of peristom and pitchers but impossible to buy anywhere....it's a shame!

See You,

Welcome to the forums kinabalu. Very nicely grown ampullaria you have there. Thanks for the link to the french site as well. looks like you have room for a tri color in there eh? ;) I don't think the soil will effect the color of neps,  but cooler temps, and brighter light will.
Robin
smile.gif

Welcome to the forums... Embrace the Insanity!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As someone pointed out, my French is nutricious!
Dude, I'm still not getting that at all.

That's the Archie Bunker way of saying 'atrocious'.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Bienvenue! Lovely plants there! I'll be certain to look at the French forum. My French teacher would probably appreaciate me reading through, might help me do better on the final exams!

A bientot!

Hi Kinabalu, I just looked in the photo gallery section of forum carnivore. Nice viking you've got there.
smile_m_32.gif

Nep_grower.

bonjour! je ne parle pas francais either, mais je le comprende un peut parce que j'ai took une classe per deux anes?
lol... i butchered it didn't i?
nice plants
smile.gif

Luis, you do just as well as I - or shall I say the 'boulangerie', or however it is supposed to be spelled.  
smile_m_32.gif

lol! don't ask me, i don't know what that is
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]bonjour! je ne parle pas francais either, mais je le comprende un peut parce que j'ai took une classe per deux anes?

My old high school teacher would say "David (read: Dah veed), non franglais, si vous plait."

Thanks Nep_grower, but i think you're talking about the pictures from the french forum ? It's not my plants, those pictures come from Christian Klein, a very good German grower and reseller of Borneo Exotics.
I'll buy to him certainly during this summer.
Anyway TheAlphaWolf, you're french is quite good !
smile_m_32.gif

Back