Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neps galore!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats awesome, how do they keep the humidity up and such?
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ May 31 2005,9:41)]thats awesome, how do they keep the humidity up and such?
    I think the plants should be in individual pots just covered up and display for short-term right? ...if not I must really find out how they keep lowlanders and highlanders together! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

THat is a wonderful display, the ampullarias are beautiful! and those plants must be very mature and large!

Anyway, that truncata looks like a lowland form, but I thought BE only sells the highland form?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they are all potted? man they did a great job hiding it and making it look natural! fantastic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could live next to that thing.

Do you have bigger versions of those pictures before making them web-friendly? Can I have them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really not bad! Wow! Thanks for posting the pics! Bye!
    Mr_Aga
    Milan - ITALY
    Mr_Aga
    http://www.piantecarnivore.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    erk! SILVER They got SILVER for that stupendous display?? *incredulous* What on earth was the GOLD display like?

That is magnificent!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when is Borneo Exotics gonna start a bidding theme like Exotica Plants? I bid $500 for that adult N. Trusmardiensis, maybe a hundred for the red clustering N. ampullaria, and maybe another hundred for the veitchii highland striped and how about a hundred for the N. diatas Meadow form and , oh, well, let's see, what do I have left for oh, maybe a hundred for that wonderful N. truncata highland form. Anyone wants to outbid me?

Great job on the pics. I wish I were there (after midnight when the show is closed with a mini cooper with the back seats removed,...oh wait a minute, that's a movie I saw. Oh well, that was a good dream while it was in my head.

Bye all, thanks for attending the wonderful show. Any pics of the Talented Mr. Cantley?

Aloha from warm, rainy Hawaii!

MM
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Behind the scenes:

They had three days to set the display up, five days that the show was open to the public and a day and a half to take the display down. I was there the morning the show opened but before the public was allowed in (therefore no people in the pics, impossible to do when the show is open) Some are in pots and some were removed from there pots and their roots wrapped in plastic and hidden. This May was the coldest on record. One night the plants were covered with Agri-fleece to protect them. There was a possibility of frost out on the show grounds for those with unprotected plants. The cold may have cost them a Gold as this exhibit was right next to one of the entrances to the Grand Marquee. The wind was bittingly cold on evening. The Marquee is not heated. I did see them changing some plants out or bringing in last minute plants the morning of judging. The award was for silver gilt not silver. The awards go as follows: Gold, Silver-Gilt, Silver and, Bronze. The judging is incredible srtict. Who knows what the judges found wrong in the display. Several of the plants may not have been in absolutly perfect shape. There are security cameras on all points on the show grounds as well as guards. I doubt you would make it over the fence. With over 200 exhibitors and an untold fortune in plants and priceless garden ornaments you have to have top lotch security. I knew you guys would love the pics. I am glad I could get them. It is incredible just to be able to go and see all the displays.BTW, Hampshire CP Nursery, Mathew Soper's business had a beautiful display and got GOLD!
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast