What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well my neps have finally gotten big enough to show off their pitchers.

amp.jpg

N. ampullaria

bical.jpg

N. bicalcarata (red x orange) Its still a baby but its my first bical pitcher so I had to post it
biggrin.gif

max.jpg

N. gentle

raf.jpg

N. Raffelsiana

trunc.jpg

N. truncata

ventricosa.jpg

N. ventricosa

spiderv.jpg

N. ventricosa with cane spider

red.jpg

N. reinwardtiana x macrovulgaris

v.jpg

N. viettchi

miranda.jpg

N. miranda
This one is my biggest pitcher. It has two huge cockroaches inside.

its a very nice first time gallery.

love the truncata

keep up the good work

Yep, you are an official nep grower now. Nice pics, and your plants look healthy!

Capslock

Very nice job! What's the one that's not labelled? Right after the ventricosa w/ cane spider....Is that a fusca?

Great pics! Keep up the good work.

that spider pic is amazing...

TF needs photocontests with prizes....

*applause*
What's the third one from the bottom?

You grow girl! Nice spider, too!

Excellent! I especially like the truncata. What kind of conditions do you grow them in?

-Ben

opps I forgot to label that one. Its a hybrid.... N. reinwardtiana x macrovulgaris. Its still a baby so it I hope it looks even better when its older. But I'm not really sure because I haven't seen what either of the parents look like.

As for my growing conditions, I grow them outside in my back yard under 50% shade cloth. I live in the tropics so its really easy to take care of. Its always 60% or more humidity here. Yucky to live in, but wonderful to grow plants in. I'm glad too because I wouldn't be able to afford to grow them in tanks or anything. And that would be just too sad if I couldn't grow my nepenthes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]TF needs photocontests with prizes....

yeah that would be cool. Then we could see some really nice photography of CPs coming out of the wood works.

Thank you guys for all the compliments! Maybe someday I'll get around to scanning the ones I did with the good camera in my mini studio.

AHH i hate spider's Ahaha nice plants.

Nice collection. I like the N. miranda. Difficult to get Nepenthes (and all other CPs) in Hawaii, even though a lot of them grow easily outdoors.

Yes it is really hard to get any CPs here. I'm hoping that since CPs, expecially nepenthes have been catching on here, that the plant stores will start to carry them. Right now there's only one store to get them from and occasionally Starmarket & Ace will have them. But other than that, there's none. I've never seen anything but VFTs some neps and a few Sarracenias for sale.

Thank goodness for the internet!

Back