Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nepenthes judith finn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cross of N. ampullaria and N. rafflesiana produces N.hookeriana if i am not mistaken.
    And about judith finn- as long as you provide high humidity like all other nep's there is no reason it wont grow well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that Judith Finn from AgristartsII grows much better as a lowlander. In Hawaii, it grows rapidly and I believe that its due to the bright light and humidity. I have had four inch pitchers forming on plants in a four inch pot. Try growing them in a larger pot about six inch if you want faster growth. They grow rapidly but appreciate frequent liquid feed between heavy watering.

Michael
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IME it is a pain stakeingly slow growing plant that doesn`t grow pitchers very soon after arrival(I`ve had mine almost a year and none yet).

cocinea is (ampularia x raflesiana)x mirablis (could be the reverse) if I`m not mistaken.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! I feel special cause it grows rapidly for me. The pitchers are enormous in comparison to plant/pitcher ratio.
    I also have the cross of N. spathulata x veitchii h/l from EP and that one is very slow. But the tc clone of JF is a fast grower for me, any way. I just repotted the remainder of the JF from 4 inch pots to larger hanging baskets.

Michael
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since mine actually started growing (it was the last to resume growth of all the plants I aquired with it) I've had the same experience as Michael. The pitchers are just a hair shorter than the leaves themselves, noticably larger than any other Nep I have.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12