Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo bandwagon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *looks down* BAD HAND! PUT THE WALLET BACK!

I can hardly resist buying one of each of those! They are AWESOME!
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice plants Tony. You must know what you are doing [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Tony, those are some awesome plants. Especially the N. jacquelineae and the N. Tiveyi x aristolochioides.
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tony, incredibile and fantastic pictures and plants! Just a question: is that jacq a darker form, isn't true?

Federico

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pics!. It's cool how the macrophylla teeth still show up in the N. sibuyanensis x trusmadiensis. How old is the N. macrophylla?
    Paradise found is paradise lost.
    -The Future of Life

Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?
    -Garth Nix

Je pense, donc je suis... je pense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh lots of questions! Will try and hit them all.

Christian the N. sibuyanensis x trusmadiensis is from the Mansell's. I managed to get a few.
    Here are a couple more from the batch. The above one seems to really show the N. trusmadiensis in the peristome but they are still small (6" diameter) so who knows what they will look like when mature.

N. diatas, hmm never had an issue with them. Very bright light and typical highland conditions. I do fertilize most of my plants but that is more out of necessity. There are just way too many plants for them to catch food naturally. My standard potting mix - coconut husk chips, perlite, LFS equal parts roughly and some peat (although I have started using coir instead but can't comment on it yet) to give it a little more soil feel.

Schloaty - Gotta love macro lenses! I purposely left my hand in many of these though for perspective [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Will discuss N. macrophylla at the end since there are a number of people with questions on it.

Max - Sorry! It's a plot LOL

Federico - Not sure I understand your question on the N. jacquelineae. I kept a few red ones. This one is the largest but not the darkest. I would say it is more typical for a good red N. jacquelineae. It is the pure species though if that is what your asking.
    Here is the darkest of the 3.

N. macrophylla:
    Not as difficult as it's altitude distribution would indicate. They seem happy with regular highland conditions, short spells bordering towards intermediate (low 60s at night) don't seem to bother them either. They appear to prefer a well drained mix with lots of LFS as opposed to a fine soil like mix. Their roots can be fussy and if they are not happy the plants do poorly. I don't recall exactly the age of the plant pictured. It was among the first seed grown plants Rob shipped to the US. So it's probably about 3-4 years in my care. Starting from a 1/2" diameter plant to what you see today 6" diameter plant roughly. Note that not all have grown that fast.. and many from the first batch of plants have long since left my care.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ June 03 2005,7:54)]N. jacquelineae
    That is GORGEOUS.

Is that a highland or lowland Nep?

If lowland, I definitely want one!

Is that nectar glistening on the back of the peristome?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12