Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo bonanza

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i cant really pick one out as there all superb [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Cheers Julian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the N. predator, N. hamata and N. ramispina. They look very happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capslock,

great selection! The aristolochioides hybrids are very interesting. I hesitated to get the truncata or thorelli x aristolochioides because it may require a bit of warmth. Are you growing them in highland conditions without heating?

And your x Manny Herrera looks different to the one in the khasiana post.

cheers,
    C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Max! Nice pictures. Beautiful plants! Love that rampsina. I'm trying mine out on the deck right now....Just put it there a few days ago, so we'll see how it goes.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone! To answer a couple questions, my secret to growing highland neps is to live in San Francisco. We have a near-constant cool, humid ocean breeze that makes for almost perfect highland temps. The room they are growing in is about 7 feet by 12 feet. It is attached to my garage level, which keeps fairly steady and cool temperatures. There is a single window in the room in which I have put a 10 inch box fan that blows outside air in 24/7. The plants themselves grow on racks under mostly regular 48" fluorescent tubes, four to a shelf. I also have a shelf with a 400 watt MH light, and a couple of the fluorex cf lights on another shelf. The MH light provides enough heat to get the room up to about 80 degrees on the upper shelves and the mid 70s on the lower shelves during the day, and it goes down to the mid- to upper-fifties overnight.

When selecting cps to grow, I figured it's easiest to NOT fight nature, so I don't grow any lowlands or anything that requires more heat than I can provide. Outdoors, I grow some sarracenia, vfts, and am having especially good luck with cephalotus, which thrives on my deck year round.

So, the secret is: live where the weather is right for your plants! LOL!!! Seriously, people should grow the plants that are appropriate for the conditions they can easily provide.

Oh, and yes that is a different N. x Manny Herrera plant from the other photo I posted. My plantsitter didn't see the other one last summer and killed it by not wattering it for four weeks. So this is a new one.

And one more thing: there is a bit of space in there, but not for long. Tony, you'll be hearing from me. LOL!!!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12