What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with n. rajah

My two year old rajah has been having problems making larger pitchers. The plant is about six inches across and it has been like that for about half a year. It stopped pitchering for a few months and now it started again. It makes tendrils that areabout as long as the plant is wide with only a small half-inch pitcher on the end. The previous pitchers were larger with shorter tendrils. Humidity has been around 70% lately because it has been cloudy for the past few weeks, and the temps have been around 70-75 in the day and 55-65 at night. I don't think it is because of the climate. I'll try to get pictures soon. Thanks.

what size of pot is it in?

It could probably be lack of nutrients. Do you fertilize it? Some light feeding will make great pitchers and add some size to it as well. Use a diluted liquid foliar fertilizer (NOT MiracleGrow) try Growmore Liquid Seaweed Extract.

I like deep pots for N. rajah with good drainage and add some oyster shell grit as added drainage and even limestone chips on the bottom of the pot.

That will help a lot!!!

Michael

Perhaps more light and higher humidity is the trick

Recently, I had a big problem with my plant. Try checking the roots. Mine was suffocated in old compressed sphagnum moss. Now it is sending down a biig pitcher.

Thanks for the replies. I just repotted it into fresh LFS and I'll see what happens. I don't usually fertilize my neps, but I will once I fertilize my orchids.

Back