What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep rhizomes

• Thread starter Treaqum
  • Start date
These pictures are from http://www.hbs.ne.jp/home/s-yamada/photogallery.htm which I msut say has some great photography.
Dsc04595.jpg

Dsc04655_1.jpg

And there are more on the link above.

Yeah, those are young N. sp. viking plants.

DO any onther Neps have noticible rhizomes like these?

Put them back in the media!
confused.gif

would that classify as a caudiciform (sp?)

N. rowanae grows in the same sort of way, with a thick woody root system. It helps it survive dry seasons and bush fires which occur in its habitat. It also has some growth patterns that facilitate this.

Hamish

Thank you,Hamish! I was wondering if rowanae have a rhizome like root system because, according to Rod Kruger, there is a dry season in their habitat. The same applies for N. sp. 'Viking'.

Wow
That root system is like nothing ive ever potted up.
Bye for now Julian

those still don't look like rhisomes. They look like old woody rootstock. They may serve the plant in a fashion similar to a rhizome but I feel they are NOT rhizomes.

Well the top one looks similar to a Sarracenia rhizome. Well at least we all now know what some one means when they way Nep. rhizome

Back