Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: N. tobaica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About how big do the pitchers on N. tobaica get? Is there a green pitchered varient?
    I'm asking because I bought one about 5 months ago (I think it may have been off ebay but I am not sure). It is obviously not ventricosa or alata or any other common knockoff. It is starting to get mature lower pitchers I beleve (assuming the pitchers are small like gracilis, which I thought they were). The ala (wings) are not really present near the base of the pitcher but are near the top. The pitchers are about 5 cm long now. Actually if some one could post a picture of theirs that would be great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the N. tobaica that is currently being circulated is from DeRoos nursery. Its appears green until it larger when its speckled with orange-brown and sometimes with a orangish-red peristome. The largest I have on mine is about four inches currently. Its does grow fast and clumps with age.
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. tobaica looks very similar to N. gracilis and also gets to a similar size. Lower pitchers are up to 10 cm in size. Colour of the pitchers vary from green through pink to deep red.

[img]http://home.**********.com/users/joachim/N_tobaica_120404_B_small.jpg[/img]

Joachim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well mine is probibly from that nursery. Joachim mine does not look like that but the pitchers are probibly not mature. Ah well I suppose I have some intermediate pitchers now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tre
    Have you any photos of the beasty as it sounds to me like your"tobaica" could be a Khasiana x Ventricosa .i have the same plant you have described when young.Ive got a photo of it when it was young somewhere i will try and dig it out.
    Cheers Julian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No photos yet. I'll try later today when the sun isn't shining on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are some pictures of the plant I like to call N. tobaica "Not".

Lower Pitchers

[img]http://home.**********.com/users/glenn/Glenn's Cp Photos/106-0665_IMG.jpg[/img]

Upper Pitchers

[img]http://home.**********.com/users/glenn/Glenn's Cp Photos/tobaica not jan 04.jpg[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Glen
    Her is a lower and upper on my Khasiana x Ventricosa what do you reckon?

The lower is a pitcher that a basal shoot off the mother plant and the upper is off the mother plant ,or should i say father plant as its a male.
    Bye for now julian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast