User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is going on with this thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Syd, that general rule seems to apply to x 'Ventrata.' Though I grow several neps that pitchered happily in humidity in the 30's. Even a spotted ampularia, if you can beleive it! Also, the coccinea and miranda.

This is not to say that they didn't prefer the higher humidity, but they did manage to function in the lower. All I can say is "darn electric heating." Glad it's summer now.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long did that 30% humidity last, was it constant, including at 2 or 3 am? I've had plants pitcher having experienced very low humidity, but when averaged over 3-6 months is always around the 50% mark. Periods of warm, dry weather lasting for more than a month have always stopped plants from pithcering outside.
    Demystifying Nepenthes: http://www.nepenthesforeveryone.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Syd, it was for about three months in the middle of the winter before I got my humidifier. Even at night the humidity only went up to the low 40's. I tell ya, some of these suckers are a lot tougher than we give them credit for....though I don't purposefully go around trying to proove it....I just seem to be absent minded enough to occaisonally test the fortitude of one plant or another.

17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12