Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pitcher pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I have to agree with Tony in my hands in N.talangensis is quite a fast grower although I suspect that we may have some of the same clones.

Tony, how do you find the BE N.villosa? This is in my hands is also a good grower I have plants fom other suppliers that are much slower.

Simon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my N. villosa from Simon (I think the BE clone) and it is growing fairly fast, faster than my other plants, it produce pitcher at every leaf. Unfortunately the day temps are too high for it (26), but the plant isn't soffering at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expect to have some more problems as soon the plant will reach a mature age.Now it has her micro-clima in its little pot.
    The problems will begin later. Wish you the best.

Mr_Aga
    Mr_Aga
    http://www.piantecarnivore.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Federico,

I grow my villosa outside in summer (not in direct sunlight) and they love it. By the way your other 2 plants are on the way

Simon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    love the villosa..
    it looks great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] How big do you think N. villosa needs to get before it will flower?
    A valid question. Based upon experience with other species, I surmise that the plant should have to be approximately fully grown before this would occur. And, according to Clarke, the leaves of N. villosa are 25 cm, or less, in length. However, that having been said, I've seen some species flower long before they reached the full size attributed to them in the literature, no doubt due to size variations, as well as to the fact that some individuals simply flower more readily than others.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I have to agree with Tony in my hands in N.talangensis is quite a fast grower although I suspect that we may have some of the same clones.
    May I ask what the conditions are under which you are growing this species, Simon? And, whence did you obtain your clones?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jeff,

I have several talangensis clones all originating from BE. All of the plants are growing in pure live sphagnum and were about the same size when I obtained them. Interestingly, my best plant is growing in a 'living' tree fern pot and I have noticed almost without exception that all the speceis that I have growing in these type of pots are doing better (this is based upon a 2yr observation period). The only downside is that when the plants get too large repotting is difficult because the roots grow into the pots.

Cheers

Simon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My original N. talangensis is from Wistuba (if I recall). It grew on an East windowsill for a couple years and then went into the greenhouse. The poor thing was constantly getting chopped down for cuttings as soon as it was a few inches high! This past Fall I let the poor thing alone and it is now 5-6" tall with 1" pitchers. The BE plants I got last Fall at about 2" are now 3-4" and showing some color.

I don't really do anything special to them. They are in with all my other plants in intermediate/highland conditions year round. The only difference I would note is they seem to appreciate nice bright light. The leaves are fairly leathery and thick.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast