Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New nepenthes species

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (lol @ June 21 2005,3:37)]N. rafflesiana sarawak giant!!! The ultimate nepenthes!
    Whats that like? Its not the same as those giants BE are selling I guess? Are there any links on this?
    And has anyone mentioned the Giant red bicalcurata or is it just a myth now?
    I tend to be more attracted to lowlanders so I would really like to just see treubiana [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]To a certain extent, I concur with your assessment. However, after viewing the picture on page 82 of Clarke's Nepenthes of Borneo, I find it hard not to profess a passion for this species independent of its rarity!
    That's the pic Jeff! Just awesome. No need to say more. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N RAFFLESIANA SARAWAK GIANT!?!?!?!?!?![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]!!!!!!
    Now see what you did, I won't get any sleep until I have one!!!!!!
    Does anyone know a site where one can be viewed?

Mike
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MT does have N.hurreliana...I have never seen a photo of edwardsiana so I dont know about that...I think there still is a lot of undiscoverd species that will come into cultivation within a few years(thanks to the spreading interests in Nep)
    I would very much like the cross between N.rajah and N.burbigae(dont know its name..
    That would be My "Most Wanted"
    Need all the experience I can get...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. burbidgeae x rajah is N. Alisaputrana

I want three of them as well. Perhaps BE may have some in their N. burbidgeae seedgrown set. I hear N. Alisaputrana was growing side by side N. burbidgeae on Pig Hill, so perhaps they may have crossed or back crossed to N. burbidgeae. Generations of cross species over a sympatric region could only help strengthen their potential blood line. My hunch is that many species may have crossed outside their species and then back crossed to increase genetic variability. Imagine your great great grandmother that had one eight Cherokee, but her kids and your family tree looks 100% caucasian. Or are all the Miss America contestants LIARS when they say they are part Cherokee, or Spanish or Chinese, etc.

Just a thought to throw things off balance.

Michael
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123