What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Temp drops!

cheapest isnt the best. frozen water bottles wont work for large plants. the cheapest way that will give you the best results takes some effort and injinuity on your part. you need a small AC unit, some PVC(or some sort of other piping) piping to pipe the air from the AC unit into the tank. some where before the air enters the tank you must rehumidify it tapping a small room humidifier into the pipe should work. the whole set up i could probably do for around $175USD and have a very effective set up. that would work for a fairly large grow chamber.

OK thx
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Jeez, there are a lot of them from all three categories. In fact, the list that I wouldn't try is smaller than the list I would. Just stay away from the ultra highlanders like N. villosa, N. aristolochioides and the like, or the ultra-lowlanders like N. northiana. Also, just about any hybrid would do fine.

Capslock

I'm surprised, my northiana gets down to 10/12 ºC every winter without trouble and down to 15 for many months. In fact I think it grows better when it's not too hot.

where can I get a Small AC??? I looked at one today and it was huge!

i guess i ment small relitivly speaking. im not sure whats availible in sweden but here in the states you can get ahold of a half sized window AC unit(ment for an apartment or such) for around $100USD.

OK...ill see what I can find....
here is my highland list that im going to purchase...

N.Pilosa
N.Truncata
N.Maxima
N.Sanguinea
N.Vetchii
N.Alata
N.Stenophylla
N.Fusca
N.Sibuyanensis
N.Vetchii x lowii

some excellent plants there. just so you know there are both lowland and highland forms of N. veitchii. N. veitchii x lowii is an awesome hybrid that i hope to add to my collection this summer. N. sibuyanensis is another very cool plant. i currently have a small one

Yes i know...Im going to buy my both plants from Andreas Wistuba...

Back