Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes truncata highland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious what colors of traps, peristome, lids anyone is experiencing? Anyone has a black one by luck?

Michael
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael,

There are some black ones out there from seed. I know Shinya Yamada in Japan was lucky enough to have one that turned out to be black. Some of the seed grown plants have turned out rich purple, orange and red.

I've currently got about 20 left. They are from the 43 clones Rob sells and not from seed. The predominant colour is an orange flush, although I have one with a strengthening red coloration. A few have fairly green pitchers with a yellow and orange striped peristome, and one is almost identical to the lowland variety but with quite a brown peristome.
    Demystifying Nepenthes: http://www.nepenthesforeveryone.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old pics, but the current colors are the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that I'd like to know, that I haven't asked Rob, is the provenance of the seed for his plants. Did he collect it from a single female, or was it from numerous females I wonder? My reason for the question is that if it was only from one female, then obviously the genetics permits for all sorts of outcomes depending on the pollinating male. If it is from many females, then colours are likely to be consistent amongst the offspring of any parents.

If anyone knows the answer to this, or Rob if you're reading and have any time to answer, it would be most ellucidating.

Hamish
    Demystifying Nepenthes: http://www.nepenthesforeveryone.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pictures and glad to hear that there are people out there who has more than just the one. I was fortunate to purchase a few seed grown material, the remainder is the tc material from BE. From among the tc clones, I haveseen a somewhat slight variation in them. Most are red or at least very red peristomes, similar to the ones that were posted by End P, but also a few with some purplish tinges as well as somewhat all green colored forms. Only time will tell.

I too am curious if they were from one or few plants or from many in various locales. From the natural wild photographs on the site, it appears that many forms were discovered and in different growing regions.

I will keep in touch for the true answers to the question regarding plant sources.

MM
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    My Truncata H/L is producing its first pitcher as ive not had it long. not sure of the colour but its rate of growth is amazing compared to the L/L form.
    Bye for now Julian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there,
    I grow a highland truncata (can't seem to keep a lowland one alive, for some odd reason), and I think it's from TC. Anyway, the pitchers take on a slight reddish/orange-ish shading in strong light, and the peristomes darken - though not as red as picured above. My plant has yet to produce trully mature pitcher, though, so I guess I have to wait a little longer to see what the true results will be.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are these true highlanders or are they intermediates?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast