What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upper pitchers

Personally I hate the N.hamata uppers...The lowers are so beutiful with colors and teeth..then the upper are all green and looks like they are disformed...
But I love N.bicalcarata upper
biggrin.gif
They are almost more beutiful than the lowers
biggrin.gif

Haha yeah
biggrin.gif
you are not the first one to sya that
biggrin.gif

I agree with you uppers of hamata are plain jane. While their lowers look more agressive.

Other uppers I dislike is rafflesiana. I like the uppers but I think the lowers are much cooler being squat and more bold.

Some clones of rafflesiana have very nice uppers..but I agree that most of em dont look there best...

The teeth look great but it would be nice with a bit more colour.
Bye for now Julian

I despise the uppers of N. bongso and N. ovata.....how DRAB. At least N. hamata makes up for it with its expanded peristome of claws. N. gracilis uppers are boring, N. maxima is another boring upper producer....just goes from fabulous rich colored lowers to funnel shaped spotted green uppers.

I think the uppers on Bongso are pretty boring, also the uppers on Maximas or Maxima hybrids are not that interesting, I love the Uppers on inermis, lowii, and villosa

I havent seen N.villosa uppers...But if I would grow inermis and lowii its the only thing I have wanted..Ok lowii lowers looks nice to but not inermis lowers...

Back