Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New pics and questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthes ventricosa is very forgiving and will grow in any mix that holds some moisture, yet is free draining. By end of summer it should look somewhat like a juvenile vent with red coloring and maybe even a waisted middle trap!

Best if transplanted into a six inch pot (or hanging basket) and placed in an airy, well lit area. See feeding on an earlier post and do not use Miracle Grow! N. ventricosa responds very favorably to some fertilizers and will reward you with a huge plant in no time!

Do not divide it as each unti will be set back and will take longer to get established. In due time you'll be making more rooted cuttings from the long viney tops that will need frequent pruning to stay within bounds! Meanwhile, enjoy the plant getting bigger at each leaf and more colorful and bigger pitchers.

This is a good beginner's plant and can grow to huge proportions in short order.

M
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Moonflower! You have there a beautiful and healthy ventricosa. Congratulations. The plant really likes you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

It looks exactly how looked my baby ventricosa plants 6 months ago and now they all look like this one bellow:

So prepare yourself to have beautiful all red pitches very soon
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Congratulations!
    Jorge Joel...
    Emilia's Garden

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (moonflower @ June 26 2005,9:31)](p.s. for a mix, would something like 2:1:1 peat, perlite, and orchid bark, possibly topped with LFS, work? just so i can shop around!)
    That's a good, standard mix. I also top mine off with the dried pine needles, as per Maehem's suggestion. seems to work and the price is right. We should have some pine trees on the Island, right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12