Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female n. khasiana in spike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jeremiah,

I'd have to agree, a hybrid with the thorelli x aristolocioides would be interesting.

That's great you have a flowering female. I am going through a dilemma with the plant I own.
    Are there any fine hairs on the blades of the leaves. Furthermore, What is the length of the leaves and width. Does the leaf have and alternate termination to the tendril. Is that a photo of an upper or lower pitcher?

Here is a photo. Maybe you can help.

thanks,
    C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding your N. khasiana, if its a female, then chances are that it is the real McCoy! (just kidding, but seriously, I don't know anyone who has a male N. khasiana, do you?)

I just planted seed of N. ventricosa x Miranda, and [(spathulata x spectabilis) x Miranda]. Gee I have about three kinds of Miranda in bloom now, and no females for crossing!

Michael
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael,
    Yes, there are male khasiana. We may even have one... we just got some seed raised plants from Clyde Bramblett, who has a male and female. Recently the male may have perished (if cuttings aren't around somewhere), but he has had it for years and produced many khasiana seedlings (of which some may be male). I think the reason that there are a ton of female khasiana around is because they are most probably the same plant.

Jeremiah,
    What's going on with your blooming plants now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

They are doing very well. The khasiana is just starting to open but the only male that is open right now is the N. x maxima x fusca “elongata” so I will pollinate the first 6 to 10 flower with it and hopefully some of the other males will be open by then.

thanks
    -Jeremiah-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12