What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. khasiana in garden department?

I think I saw a couple little N. khasiana in ACE yeasterday? Do you thnk they are really khasiana? (That was what they looked like but no markings were present.

Tre,
Most likely its the DeRoose N. tobaica (which, as you know, is not tobaica, but a hybrid).

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. Well next time I'm over there I'll check it out to see if it is or not.

Its probably N. tobaica. I doubt it would be N. khasiana because we need a male to get seed and no one has come up with proof of a male plant yet.

But the tobaica is probably a cross with ventricosa regular form. The mottling and peristome looks very ventricosa-ish!
And in many ways, the plant grows like a ventricosa too!

Even if it is a hybrid, its a good grower and pups easily making attractive size clumps in short order!

M

Those plants always come in very green, but grow them out with good light and the pitchers are very colorful. We have the same experience as Michael. When they start to 'bush out' they can be very pretty.

They are nice. I have some small neps I got at grocery stores that I actually hope to end up being those, rather than ventrata, lol.

Cheers,

Joe

PS Anybody know what plants from "Nurseryman's Exchange" are?

Yeah I have one already. YEs it was the degroot clone when I checked it out again.

Back