Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My first nep!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try getting some hybrids. Many are nearly indistructable, even if they have difficult to grow parents. Order from exoticplantsplus. They have N. x predator and a lot of nice hybrids involving rare species. There is a limited number of N.hurrelliana x veitchii available now. Tony also has N. x medusa(belli x sibuyanensis) available. They do great in household temps. N. x medusa looks like a pink N. x rajah and can produce traps bigger than the actual plant!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The ones that came after my first I had no paranoia, except my N. hamata.
    Paranoid, why be paranoid? No big deal. Yeah, yeah no big.. no big deal... I have a hamata... They're watching aren't they!?

All my paranoia aside, congrats Chrono, I hope you enjoy your new plant and that it'll grow well. The only thing I can think to add is don't baby it forever! It wont always be summer vacation (that's what I keep telling myself,) so you need to eventually prepare it for conditions when you wont be able to keep a constant watch on it. But for now, baby it up since ya just got it! Enjoy.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I'm homeschooled so I will be able to baby it for quite some time. ^_^ But that doesn't mean I will, I'll get bored of babying it soon when I'm 100% positive it won't die from the lack of my eyes on it. Thanks for the congrats!

N. Predator?!!! WHOA WHOA WHOA! *goes to the site*

~*~5 Minutes later...~*~

Availability "Fall 2004"......darn! N. Predator is soooo cool! I thought it would be impossible to grow for a Nep grower "trainee" like me. I must now stalk every CP selling site until I find one!
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooops Sorry been crazy busy and haven't updated the site [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] I do have some though. N. hamata hybrids though are gonna run up some $$ I would recommend sticking to inexpensive plants. There are alot of nice species and hybrids you can build a colorful collection with. Drop me an email.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya those nep 'predetor ' are running for more money then an average hamata which is strange but i guess theres not to many of those predetors.

As far as sanguinea i had that as my first nep and i had it for 2 years and it was really easy to grow but it died because when i first got the plant the roots where wrapped in spagnum and it was a pretty big size plant. so when i planted it in it i left all that spagnum around it. which over time well actually during the winter it rotted and died.
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you told me about that. I hope your new one does okay.

I think I'm going to repot it when the winter comes around in vermiculite, perlite, orchid bark, a little peat, and I guess a little sand in there as well. That way it doesn't hold so much water and I won't have to worry about it rotting when I bring it inside for the winter. I think it would like a bigger pot anyway. It's so small yet it has a basal shoot already. And the basal shoot even has pitchers!

That's your site, Tony? Oh, lol. I had no idea. Anyways, yeah I think I'll work myself up to the difficulty and get my own truncata and hamata and make an N. Predator myself! Yeah! Then I can sow the seeds and have a bunch of little N. Predators to trade (or give) away! It's gonna take a while though... You can wish me luck on that. x.x;
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deeeeeeep breath on that sanguinea.

I have a sanguinea that I have thoroughly abused, and it's still alive & kickin'. Not too much in the pitcher dept. right now, but it is recently hacked for cuttings, so I'm not too worried.

If you want really bomb proof, I would have to recomend the hybrid N. x 'Miranda.' Not only easy as heck to grow, but very showy to boot.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i will have to go with schloaty on that one . N. x 'Miranda' is about the best looking of the cheap bombproof hybrids/species. N. x ventrata is pretty bombproof also but not as showy IMHO. surprisingly N. x 'Ile de France' is proving to be a very hardy hybrid for me and is pitchering with out me doing anything special for humidity, to bad its harder to find.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast