User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nepenthes ampullaria

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all. Im looking for a source of N.ampullaria plants. I am not much home and have a tropical terrarium this are the best plants i can grow since i have the conditions right. So i decided to have a ampullaria collection. I looked at on line nurserys but if any one know of a good and cheap source for tehm it would be great.

Thanks very much

Yoav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No "cheap" sources. Since they are propagated from cuttings for exact clonal varieties, many are priced higher due their great demand. The fancy colored forms will always command high prices. And since these do not flower regularly, its even harder to find seedlings or crosses of different forms.
    Periodically you might find them at a good deal either online or through a dealer. But don't cross your fingers, I've paid as much as $300 for a particular clone and they are not that fast growing to make further cuttings from.

Best wishes and just save your money and get one here or there as they become available. That is part of the necessicties of collecting rare plants.

Michael
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello RainforestGuy,

You said : I've paid as much as $300 for a particular clone

Oaoh !! It's quite expensive ! Which Ampullaria you bought for this price ?
    I climbed Kinabalu, and i'll go soon again....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. ampullaria Red with lime green peristome, a Japanese cultivar.

Nothing really special. I believe it is called Red Moon, but doesn't look like the photo on the Japanese site.

M
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"