What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. truncata

Hey all,
This is probably the first problem I had with my Truncata.

The plant has produced a new large leaf but it seems that the side leaf is wilting. I just watered this plant yesterday and the previous week. What seems to be the problem? Does it need to be in a larger pot?

(The plant is in a 6" diameter pot; the plant is 16" in diameter)

Heres a pic of it:
129-2978_IMG.JPG

According to me is a lack of light. But I can't be sure...wait other advices...

I've had that happen many times, I do not know what causes it, but the plant has never been effected negatively from it. I would suspect it is lose of tugor pressure and the heavy leaves folds a bit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ July 02 2005,6:45)]I've had that happen many times, I do not know what causes it, but the plant has never been effected negatively from it. I would suspect it is lose of tugor pressure and the heavy leaves folds a bit.
If that is the case, would it be better to water this one more than once a week?

Cheers,

Joe

Hi!
I am also growing a Truncata in a Terrarium.
It must not be a problem because when the leaf is acting like this ,it is because it is heavy.The Truncata will continue to grow with no problem and no slow down.
It Happens me also when the leaf is beginning to grow big.It wilts but after it continues to form its naturals shape.
Low sun radiations or neon could contribute to let appear this problem. To have a truncata near a window or under neons is not the same as having the plant under direct sun light! Sun Light makes leafes more stronger and hard!
test yourself!
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan - Italy

Back