Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July gallery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, TunaSuprise! I have tons of "tiny" nepenthes. I just photo my good pitchers! I still haven't been at this too long (just over 2 years), so I hope my biggest pitchers are yet to come.

OK, to answer some questions, my N. ephippiata has been in my care for about 5 or 6 months. I bought it from Tony Paroubek, and am not sure how old it was when I got it, but it was not a seedling. Right now the plant is about 6 inches in diameter.

The N. bongso is also from Mr. Paroubek, who gets most of the credit, as it was a good-size plant when I bought it several months ago. It is from Malaysia, but not sure what clone. It sits pretty close to four T-5 "Tek Light" tubes that REALLY pump out the light, hence the dark color.

The N. spectabilis x ventricosa came to me in a trade from Jeremiah (thanks!) about a year or more ago. It's not the fastest of growers, but it makes really colorful pitchers.

Oh, and just to fill it out, the N. Khasiana came from ******* Hapu'u Nepenthes Nursery (http://www.alohanepenthes.com/) via ebay (good ebay seller). The N. lavicola came from Tony, and the N. hamata came from Tamlin Dawnstar as a gift (Thanks Tamlin!!!!)

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capslock, so far it has been my experiance that N. bongso doesnt need extream amounts of light to color up, just time. mine is as dark as yours and nowhere near as close to my two T8 lights. it definatly doesnt need as good alight as the dark N. gracilis clone to color up, or as much as even my striped veitchii needs. awesome species, definatly one of my favorites.

i love the hamata. i saw Jeremiahs this weekend. i definatly need one. same goes with N. epphipiata, its another species i want to get my hands on before winter.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aha! Mine is natural colored.

Well, your ephippiata is still larger, and more intersting than mine.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, forgot one: the N. x Ile de France came from emesis!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as always, Caps, great pictures!

Your hamata is terrific! Mine is pathetic right now, as it's just getting over being acclimated to the deck railing. I just hope it springs back like it did last year - by the end of the out-door growing season it was sporting some nice pitchers.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice hamata clone Caps. I have several, and they are not all created equally. That's a breeder! Love the mesh pots too. Got the same ones, and they are awesome. Very nice plants man, they all look really healthy. you got the touch.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robin [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Caps
    Lovely as usual,the Epphipiata is looking gooood.Your Spat x Max is nice mines going mad at the moment just produced a 35 cm trap dont know if they get any bigger though??
    Bye for now Julian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, very nice!! pics like that make me want to buy more plants.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12