What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strike one more off of the list..........

N. ephippiata just showed up today from Tony......shhhhhhh dont tell Darla it wasnt a trade
smile_m_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
beautiful plant, its about 6 inches in diameter without tendrils and pitchers(largest are around 2 inches), bigger than i expected. i am extreamly pleased with it. now i just gotta get N. hamata, N. jaquelineae, N. aristolochioides, N. ovata, N. lowii and a few hybrids and i will be set and happy.........................i think

fantastic! i hope it does well for you
smile.gif

sounds like it's time for you to update your growlist lol

NOOOO!!! It's larger than my little guy! Kill it now! I want to have the largest ephippiata on the forums!
smile_h_32.gif

j/k

Glad you got a nice new plant. Hope it does well.

Nice. lowii is easy enough to get. I'll pm you with details.

ovata is easy enough to get also but they require $ and im slowly aquiring the ones i want. one at a time. heck the hunt is half the fun.

Hunt is just the beginning...I'm still looking for the black N. tentaculata pictured by Ch'ien.
smile_h_32.gif

Black tentaculata??? (ears perk up) 0
smile_k_ani_32.gif

where can I find a picture of that Dustin??

One like this

ntentaculataraya1_158.jpg

But this is the clone I want really badly, its a Sulawesi form.

asien19911822_579.jpg

Yeah, Nep hunting is hard. If Tony doesn't have it, it is almost a guarantee you'll have to import from Wistuba or an Aussie vendor.

Speaking of your ephippiata: bigger than expected, eh? I'm assuming you ordered the 3" ephippiata? I have yet to order a plant from Tony that wasn't larger than advertised.

-D. Lybrand

BTW, NepG, that black tentaculata you pictured? You know Wistuba has that plant in stock, don't you? Or were you just showing it as an example and hunting for a specific locale?

yours is bigger than mine too rattler hehe. Tony's plants rock.
Cool Dustin! I agree sulawesi form has red tailed boa skin! thanks man
smile.gif

The second picture right? I know he does dlybrand....except all the ones I've seen have a green peristome so far...I'm guessing its because of the age of the plants.

Gracilis,

I have a tentaculata very close to the Sulawesi form you're looking for. I believe it's tentaculata purple from Exotica. Go to my site and look at the photo of the plant. Just click on the species photos link on the home page and then find the tentaculata link. It's a metallic purpleish. I haven't seen it available from the one time I bought it a few years ago. It's a very nice form.

Joel
Nepenthes Around the House

Joel, i was checking out your website for the first time in months and noticed something, you mention all over that N. veitchii is a slow gower. do you have any large or older specimens? i have no experiance with small specimens but the mature highland cutting i purchased last summer is a fairly quick grower. its giving me atleast one new leaf a month. granted the pitchers take quite awhile to inflate but the vine itself grows at a decent rate.

Hello,

Just one question, as you're talking about Tentaculata.
I bought one plant, nearly one month ago....it looks like a slow grower, but i've maybe not the good conditions.
What do you suggest as temperatures by night and day ?

Thanks a lot,

Regards.

Back