Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soft water vs hard water tips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Tip 1 - you can soften tap water by pouring water through a peat filter.
    No you can't, at least not easily. For the tannic acid in peat to have much effect will take several pounds of peat to a bucketful of water and a couple of weeks or so's soaking .
    T.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not get an RO setup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see what the big deal with just using hard water. our local water supply is hard due to percolation of rainwater through lava and then in a well in coral.
    Waqter from the tap can produce white calcium deposit formations on pots, sometimes leaves and soil. I have grown all my neps in this condition with no ill effect. Your media is rather acid (if you use peat, LFS, coco chips, composts, leaf mold, etc.) so watering with hard water would somewhat neutralize the effect.

I have not seen any problems with watering with hard water. Has anyone had any effects due to hard water use?

Michael
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12