What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

July pics

some updated pics for you guys;)
aristo.
aristo.jpg

predator siblings
brothers.jpg

Here is a couple shots of two different hamata clones. same age, but very different pitchers...which one is better. Tough call, but the darker one is almost twice as large as the red one...hmm
difference.jpg

Another one of the pitchers before they open. Notice the difference int the hairs. One are long and branched, and the other are very short, and less complex...more like tentaculata
difference2.jpg

Here are a couple of the larger clone
ham1.jpg

ham2.jpg

plain old maxima
maxima.jpg

raff red squat
redsquat.jpg

Couple more

glandulifera
glandu.jpg

lowii
lowii.jpg

and I invited a few "guests" over for dinner. The response was overwhelming ;)

guests.jpg

That's all for now
Robin
smile.gif

Nice pictures.

Looks like a feast in the making.

I love the aristo. Got to get me one some day
smile_n_32.gif
I love the 2 hamatas also.

how did you get all those flys??

Jesus, whats the secret with the N. aristolochioides? I must know what you do!
smile.gif

Tyfone, I don't know where the flies came from.... I keep thinking of that movie "The Omen" ehhe. They are very orderly little guys though, and everyone is glad they showed up
smile_m_32.gif

Dustin, I'm not doing anything special for it. Everyone in this tank get's the same treatment. It could just be a fast easy clone?

Thanks for the compliments guys!
smile.gif

Fantastic pics! You plain old maxima is anything but!

Capslock

I can't help but onder what happened to the flies.

Great plants!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ July 10 2005,7:03)]Fantastic pics! You plain old maxima is anything but!

Capslock
I must be easy to please, and I agree with Caps in this one:
That is a fantastic maxima clone, a great breeder for sure. Do you know which one it is?

Cheers,

Joe

Thanks Guys.
...I think the maxima is from CPjunle. I don't know which clone though.

Wow Robin you're plants are amazing.

If its a highland N. maxima from Mike, its probably a Tlatwiran highland form....mine is no longer....
smile_h_32.gif
Anyways, great breeder for sure! If its a male we could cross it with my female from Jeff, that is a clone to die for!

As for the aristo, what are you temps, soil and moisture levels for it? And do you know who it came from? Thanks!

Thanks Drew.
Cool. Thanks Dustin. I'll let ya know when it shows it's sex. Probably another year or so. Cross your fingers for a male ;) Sorry to hear you lost yours.

The aristo: I got from Perter@ C.C.
70-80% humidity .
current temps 65-85.
mesh pot
coconut chips, perlite ,charcoal, and a little LFS.
I water when the live moss on top turns white.
It was just putting along, then all of a sudden it took off!
I think I have pics of it starting to shoot off big leaves all of a sudden. I'll see if I can find them.

Very nice. The aristo is my favorite, god I want one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The aristo: I got from Perter@ C.C.
Calif. Carnivores? They don't have it listed on their website.

Peter isn't too great at getting everything on his website. There is a lot at CC that isn't listed on the website.

Capslock

Hi Robin
Very nice indeed,cant pick one out as there all great
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Peter isn't too great at getting everything on his website. There is a lot at CC that isn't listed on the website.
Has anyone ever asked him for something that isn't on his website? If he has an aristo I would buy it.

What kind of condition does the Aristo grow in?  Is it one of those that needs special growing chambers fo grow?  I;m looking for some that are interesting that I can gro outdoors in GA during the warm months and move to the GH during the winter months.  Thanks.
Your pics are just fantastic and I love the plants nothing plain about them in one bit.

Back