What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light again....

Well I have built a new lowland chamber....

And I have 3x40 watt light tubes above it..
Well its 60 cm high so I was wondering if I can put the plants on the floor..So whey will be 60 cm under.. Or will it be insufficient lightning then?

When the plants get larger, yes. The size plants I see in there right now would do best where they are. If you ever aquire any shade-loving lowlanders, putting them on the floor would probably do them good.

-D. Lybrand

Ok I have a northiana...Well thx...but there arent much space between the lights and them som they will have to get down on the floor pretty early..should I add one more light then??

more is always good.

I can't tell from the picture, but is that bench of variable height? If it is, you should slowly lower it as the plants grow. Don't just put the plants on the floor when they get too tall for that location.

-D. Lybrand

but remember that not all the plants will grow to the same size at the same time. so... iono you'll have to figure that one out on your own lol

No its not...I cant lower it...But if I put up 1 more light tube...Im going to buy some good tubes tomorrow..Do you think I can do it then??

I setup one of my terraria similarly.

I would keep the plants where they are and lower them as they grow. Shade-tolerant plants such as D.adelae would do nicely on the bottom.

Back