What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dwarf nepenthes, small nepenthes?

ive got a small 2'1'1' terrarium i grow my neps in. what are some species that stay small? im trying to compile a list of some new plants to order. here is what i have so far for the list:
-belli
-campanulata
-pectinata?
-tobaica-vining i think though?
i can grow intermediates and lowlands well,some highlands. no ultrahighlanders growing here. i have trouble finding ifo on mature plant sizes. could anyone suggest other small species?

aristo... the one that looks like a balloon.

N. gracilis, N. adnata

N. aristo may be too difficult unless you can give it constant night temps in the low 50's.

no aristos too cool growing. what about x trichocarpa?

oh really? did not know it was that demanding.

x trichocarpa would work fine.

great Aristos was one I was hoping I could grow. I definately can't keep temps down below 50 at the moment LOL. Mayeb when I am rich and can build a cool growing room.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]N. aristo may be too difficult unless you can give it constant night temps in the low 50's.

I find this to be categorically untrue. My aristolochioides has been growing extreemely well for me, and it has very rarely experienced temps in the 50's. Over the winter, low 60's are usual, and over the summer (now), high 60's (and in July, low 70's). It does suffer a little when I can't get the temps at least below 65, but it perks right back up in mid to late August when night temps begin to get a little lower again. This plant is by no means as picky as it is reputed to be. It's also more tollerant of low humidity that most people think (though I don't push it too much in that regard) - like I said, it does just fine on my deck (when I don't bake it in the sun, like I did about 3 weeks ago - dumb dumb dumb...it's ok, though....)

theres no way i can grow those. my night temp is 67 in my room and i cant cool it anymore. got to stick with intermediates/lowland. i want an argentii but again the cold

Back