What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tentaculata sulawesi spotted

I have about 5 or 6 plants of the Malesiana tentaculata from Sulawesi. I've noticed that some plants have deep green leaves, but others have deep purple leaves when grown in the same bright conditions. The green clones produce basals profusely, but the purple clones haven't.

Has anybody else got clones of this species showing the same diversity? Tony, you'd have noticed it probably.

Hamish

Hamish,

I also have the purple leaved form from MT, to date I have removed and rooted 6 basals from the mother plant.

Simon

Hi Guys,

I haven't really looked that closely! I have gone and made a few cuttings from some nice clones with red peristomes though.

It is possible that different clones would be more or less genetically inclined to make basal shoots. Although I suspect cultural conditions and vining stage and direction (upright, scrambling horizontally) all play a roll as well.

Tony

Back