Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's too hot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Hawaii, most people come here to look like red lobsters. So with this in mind..... These photos were taken of some plants in full sun.

N sanguinea against a wall of cement in intense sunlight.

Its getting hotter still!

Michael
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ChronoKiento @ July 27 2005,11:21)]My N. Sanguinea is outside and it was in full sun but we're having this really random and really stupid-horrible MEGA heat wave here in Pennsylvania! My sanguinea's leaves are starting to curl up so I gave it a ton of cool water and put a large box in front of it to shade it from the sun. Will it be okay right there? I'm fully aware that sanguineas can be grown as windowsill plants should the need arise but I'm afraid to take action without asking first. I'm not even sure how long this heat wave is supposed to last! The windowsill it would go on doesn't get as much light as I would like for my nep and moving it from outside to inside is an insanely high humidity and temperature drop! I just need to know what I should do. Will it be alright with that box in front of it or should I go further and bring it inside?? I REALLY do not want it to die!
    Kyle, pretty much the same thing happened to me. I have my Neps in 4 different hanging baskets, all in bright shade, underneath the front porch. I decided to move them so that they would have some direct sunlight. That also coincided with our heat wave a couple weeks ago. The sanguinea and a few others suffered. One Nep died and a bunch others had their pitchers turn black. A few of the other Neps actually seemed to thrive by the inceased heat and light. I moved the suffering ones to more shaded locations. I see new leaf growth, so they should recover. Live and learn!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael,
    Is that BE's clone or from EP? Love the dark red pitchers.
    Also, how hot is hot and how cool is the night?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are the seed grown seedlings from BE. each one is different. I have a separate area where I am keeping all the questionable ones that might be hybrids to macfarlanei, ramispina, mikei, and even others. They range froma true blood red, to black and also lime green! I'll get some picture up soon. I also saved a brownish red one with sixteen inch pitchers on its first new set of leaves.
    I am aware that seed grown stuff might be hybrids. But I am not a species nut, so the more variety the better for me! I have noticed some sanguineas with a branched antenna, and others divided like a "y" and others single to some that are just weird!

More individual pics later.

M
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    love rainforestguy's plants, my plants are sufering because of a heat wave in ny, not that its too hot but the sun is heating the surface temps to 150s F

my bog garden was bone dry [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    so i watered it hope it wasn't too late, the plants dont look like they suffered too much
    the plants
    Mens Et Manus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every plant has so far been different! ITS SEED GROWN!!!!

http://www.albumtown.com/data....866.jpg

http://www.albumtown.com/data....883.jpg

More pics of my special forms later

M

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12